Personal Information Protection Policy of the Company
Each company of the AGC Group (collectively, "AGC") recognizes the essential importance of the proper and adequate protection of the information of individuals, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers etc., which may be available to distinguish the identities of our customers, business partners, employees and all other parties concerned with our business operations (hereinafter collectively reffered to as “Personal Information”).
Recognizing its responsibility to society, AGC hereby establishes the following basic policies (hereinafter “Policy”) to protect privacy of individuals and comply with laws and regulations enacted to protect Personal Information while conducting its business activities:
Handling of Personal Information
1. AGC will collect, use, and provide Personal Information through the fair and legal means.
Request for Disclosure etc. of Personal Information
2. AGC will promptly respond to requests from the Individual to disclose, correct, add and/or delete his or her Personal Information, to the extent required by relevant laws and regulations.
Compliance with Laws on the Protection of Personal Information
3. AGC will comply with relevant laws and regulations with regard to the protection of Personal Information, and also constantly review its implementation of the Policy, and strive to make further improvements.
4. AGC will completely inform of this Policy to all of its directors, offices and employees (including commissioned and dispatched personnel) as well as other concerned parties, to ensure that each of them understands the importance of the Policy and conduct him or herself in an appropriate manner to follow the Policy.
Purpose of Collecting Personal Information
AGC shall use any Personal Information only for the purposes of providing or improving the products, services and relevant information of AGC and/or its affiliated companies (hereinafter "Group"), and to respond to inquiries made by the Owner of Personal Information. (If the purpose of use of Personal Information is shown by each service category, AGC uses such Personal Information in accordance with the above purpose.) If AGC wishes to use Personal Information for any other purpose than those defined above, AGC shall disclose the purpose of use when collecting such Personal Information.
Share of Personal Information
AGC may disclose Personal Information to the following categories of recipients:
1. to our group companies;
2. to our third party vendors, services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us, or who otherwise process Personal Data;
3. to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary;
4. to our auditors, advisors, legal representatives and similar agents in connection with the advisory services they provide to us for legitimate business purposes;
5. to a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business;
6. to any other person with your prior consent to the disclosure.
Data Protection Rights
You have data protection rights in accordance with the laws and regulations related to personal information of each country.
Procedures for Requesting Disclosure, Correction, and/or Deletion of Personal Information
Following is the outline of request procedures on Personal Information that AGC has collected. With regard to the specific procedures, please contact the service division to which you have provided your Personal Information.
1. Submitting requests
If you wish to request the disclosure, correction and/or deletion of your Personal Information, please contact the service division to which you have provided the Personal Information. AGC will send you the request form. Please fill in the form and return it to us by postal mail. In order to prevent potential leakage of the Personal Information, only requests made by the Owner of Personal Information will be accepted, except in case of the request being made by his or her legal representative.
2. Documents to be included when submitting a request
In order to confirm that the individual submitting the request is in fact the Owner of Personal Information, please submit to us a copy of your driver's license or official residence certificate, along with the request form.
3. AGC procedure for answering your request
After receiving your request, AGC will confirm the content of the request, and thereafter will send a response to it directly to you, the Owner, by postal mail. Please understand that in case AGC is unable to confirm the identity of the individual submitting the request, we may decline to answer the request. In addition, we ask for your understanding that while AGC will make efforts to respond to requests promptly, it is however possible that such response may take some time to ensure its accuracy.
To Make Inquiries about Your Personal Information
For other inquiries regarding your Personal Information, please contact the service division to which you have provided your Personal Information.
On the website, the Company records, in the form of an Access Log, basic information on computers that access the website. The information recorded in the Access Log does not contain any information which can identify a specific individual. The Company collects the information to conduct statistical analysis of your use of its website, provide you with information, and deliver an improved website experience to you.
Protection of Personal Information on Websites Linked to the AGC's Website
In some cases, the Company's website may include links to websites other than that of the Company or the Group. The Company takes no responsibility with regard to the protection of Personal Information or the contents on any website linked to the Company's website other than its own website or those of Group.